Do you care about music education? Then ASME is for you!
- You believe in the importance of music education
- You want to belong to a network of like-minded music educators
- You want to be part of a national professional association which advocates for music education and represents music educators in a range of educational and political forums
- You want to further your professional involvement in music education
- Reduced rates when attending ASME professional learning events
- Regular newsletters and information about music education issues
- Free copies of the Australian Journal of Music Education
- Access to support materials for music education advocacy
- Participation in consultation on matters about music education
- Networking opportunities at both state and national levels
- Access to knowledge about recent developments, latest resources and key personnel in music education
Membership of ASME is for any person or organisation supporting the purpose of ASME which is to foster and advance music education at all levels of general education in Australia. ASME members are teachers in schools, studios, community settings and universities, as well as tertiary music/music education students and people working in various facets of the music industry which relate to music education.
Membership of ASME includes the national body and the various State or Territory Chapters of ASME.
Membership is for 12 months from the date of purchase, and can be renewed annually.
Tertiary Student - Free
The annual membership subscription is free for full time tertiary students of music or music education.
Retiree - $35pa
The annual membership subscription for retired Music Educators is $35 per year. No GST is payable.
Full Member: Individual - $80pa
An individual for those engaged in music education at a professional level. The annual membership subscription for full membership is currently $80.00. No GST is payable.
Full Member: Organisation - $80pa
An organisation (such as a school, business or other organisation). For those engaged in music education at a professional level. The annual membership subscription for full membership is currently $80.00. No GST is payable.
Note: In the case of an organisation being the member, then only one delegate from the organisation can attend an ASME function at the member’s rate.